Careful handling of the available resources is a topic with growing importance. The society is more and more aware of taking care for the available resources on the planet. Avoiding waste and it’s negative impact to the environment goes hand in hand with a circular economy approach. Luckily, things are changing, and people are becoming more and more aware of the impact of their actions. Industries and services are becoming greener and more environment friendly, and nowadays they have begun to focus on less visible things like F-gases. F-gases are used in a range of applications, such as refrigeration air-conditioning products and heat pump product. Their demand is constantly rising and the EU has already taken steps to limit the impact of placing virgin refrigerants in the market. The good news is, that used F-gasses can be recycled and reused, without losing their quality and Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia, are now attempting to become pioneers in recycling F-gasses, by becoming part of Europe’s first online marketplace, created to promote the trade of used F-gases, Retradeables (LIFE3R project). Retradeables is supported by the European Commission under the LIFE programme, the EU funding instrument for the environment and climate action.
Join us on May 19 at 14:00 (CET) to learn more about Retradeables, Europe’s first used F-gas trading platform.
- Introduction to the project and its consortium of industry partners
- How the platform works & how it can benefit our industry
- The circular economy of refrigerants
- Our rollout plan & how you can join
- Prof. Karellas, National Technical University of Athens
- Prof. Argirousis, MAT4NRG
- Wim De Schacht, Vice President Service & Solutions & Corporate Affairs, Daikin Europe
- Martin Dieryckx, General Manager of the European Environment Research Center, Daikin Europe